Wednesday, March 3, 2010

DELICA KITCHEN

I was given this cookbook for Christmas called "Two Dishes." A mother-daughter cookbook combining the old with the new. (go buy this cookbook!)

 

I knew the mother-daughter duo was planning on opening a restaurant but I had completely forgot about it until today when I stumbled across DELICA KITCHEN's website. I first started poking around the website, reading the "about" section and the menu. Then when I hit the "cookbook" tab I saw this cookbook and it all made sense! This cafe/take-out spot in located at Young and St.Clair in Toronto - a favourite location of mine. It looks absolutely delicious - soups, salads, fresh ACE bakery sandwiches and a great and healthy all-day breakfast menu as well.
 

Here's just one of the many sandwiches they make - parisienne : thick-cut smoked ham, Gruyere cheese, crisp Bosc pear, roasted garlic aioli and Dijon mustard on ACE White Flute. Does that not sound delectable or what? And there are about 10 more to choose from. 

Personally, I cannot wait to get back to Toronto to go try out (and probably fall in love) with this little gem. I hope some of you go test it out and report back with your finds! 

(my previous post's quote came from their website - so that's got to tell you something right?!)

DELICA KITCHEN
1440 Yonge St.
Toronto, Ontario
647-351-8353

No comments:

Post a Comment