Thursday, March 11, 2010

Another Soup...

I know, another soup - but I am hooked! Tonight I made an onion based parsnip and celery soup. It was delectable. These soups I am making are so healthy and refreshing - I highly recommend giving them a whirl. The best part is - they are made out of everything I have just lying around in the fridge!

Parsnip and Celery Soup

Ingredients
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 parsnips
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 box of chicken stock
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter

Directions:
- Peel onion and finely dice
- Peel garlic and chop each clove in half
- Peel parsnips and cut into thin cubes
- Wash celery, the chop into small pieces

- In a pot on medium high heat melt butter and add onion and garlic
- Let onion soften until translucent
- Add celery and parsnip
- Add chicken stock
- Switch to high heat and let boil for 20 minutes
- When celery and parsnip are tender, blend the soup in a blender
- Return soup to pot and add milk
- Season with salt and pepper

(I know it doesn't look like much - but trust me it is delicious!)

- Serve hot (optional: pop a few croutons on the top for taste and decoration!)

No comments:

Post a Comment