Friday, April 13, 2012

ESCARGOT

Snails!! Does anyone out there eat snails anymore?!

Well this week I certainly had my fair share. A staple on the dinner menu at the resort, the classic French garlic & butter escargot was a popular dish night after night! Especially for me!


Snails I find are so underused in the western world! At the restaurant I work at, BUCA, we use snails in a pasta dish and they are truly the best part of the dish, I absolutely love them!  In Barbuda, the snails I ate were massive! Extremely flavourful, not gummy and very succulent to eat!

The snails were prepared the traditional French way, with garlic, butter and white wine. It is truly sinful, and the best part, is using some crusty baguette to soak up the leftover garlic butter, mm!

Do you like snails?!


photo credit: my own

No comments:

Post a Comment