Tuesday, April 24, 2012

BANH MI BOYS

I was first introduced to Vietnamese Subs (or as Toronto calls them, Banh Mi) when I was visited a friend in Calgary a few years ago! I absolutely adored the sandwich but never knew of any great ones in Toronto!


That has certainly changed since I found Banh Mi Boys (at Queen & Spadina). Specializing in banh mi's, steamed buns and tacos, this little joint has it all going on!

The sandwiches are served on a crusty baguette type bread. A perfect outer crust with a seriously soft interior - a perfect sandwich in my mind definitely starts with the bread, so this was important! Each sandwich is served with house mayo, pickled cucumbers, carrots and cilantro and you can bump up the spice level by adding thai chilis! I love pickled vegetables and with the fresh cilantro the flavours really pop and are super fresh. I ordered the Kalbi Beef which are beef short ribs finished with kimchi and Asian BBQ sauce. So tender and the sweet&spicy flavour combo just rocked!

Another popular item on the menu is the kimchi fries! Finished with their pulled pork, house made kimchi, spicy mayo and scallions, this dish is not to be missed!


For a great Vietnamese sub, tacos or buns try Banh Mi Boys!

329 Queen St West
Toronto ON
www.banhmiboys.com 

photo credit: my own

No comments:

Post a Comment