Sunday, May 27, 2012

MY WEEK WITH TRISH

Last week I had the absolute pleasure of working on set with Trish Magwood!

Trish is a Chef, Cookbook Author, James Beard Award Winner & host of Food Network's Party dish. She previously owned dish cooking studio in Toronto where she ran a full scale catering company, a boutique kitchen store, hosted cooking classes and ran the gourmet cafe. She is definitely a culinary icon & legend on Toronto's food scene and someone I really look up to.


Last year she launched her newest cookbook, "In My Mother's Kitchen." A beautiful cookbook filled with recipes from three generations all about simple family food - making life easier for the modern cook! The recipes are simple, fast and delicious. One of my favourites is picture below and names "roasted reds" a twist on a tomato side dish, brought to life with beautiful radishes & herbs.


Trish's newest adventure is in creating APPS. Two to three minute videos with recipes, entertaining tips & ideas, and "gifts from your home" ideas.

Last week I helped Trish on her film set for these videos, we filmed I think about 45 in total! The APP will be called "Trish's Kitchen." I wanted to share some of the pictures I took during my week on set for a sneak peak of what to expect from Trish's Kitchen! I can't wait to see the finished product, and will keep you all informed for the expected release date.

For more on Trish Magwood visit www.trishmagwood.ca or follow her on Twitter @trishmagwood

Entertaining Ideas "Outdoor Bar Set Up"

Entertaining Ideas "A centrepiece that doubles as a herb box"

Recipes & BBQ tips "Flank Steak & Ribeye - wet & dry marinades"

Recipes "Rosemary Bread Boule"

Recipes "Simple Sole Meuniere"

No comments:

Post a Comment