Monday, October 4, 2010
ZUCCHINI FRITTERS & GARLIC ROASTED TOMATOES
Tired of eggs and bacon? Looking for a way to spice up your weekend breakfasts or brunch. Well do I have the recipe for you! Zucchini Fritters with Garlic Roasted Tomatoes. A late lazy breakfast is one of the best parts about the weekend - and sometimes it is so nice to just stay in your pj's and cook at home! A delicious and different breakfast is a great start to any day - but is perfect for trying out when you have loads of time of the weekend. Here is the divine recipe from none other than the LCBO's FOOD&DRINK.
ZUCCHINI FRITTERS (roasted tomato recipe below)
- 1 and 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 and 1/2 c shredded zucchini, approx. one zucchini
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs - basil, tarragon or parsley (we used basil and parsley)
- vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 300 F - to keep fritters warm as you make them in batches
- Combine four, baking soda, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, using a fork, whisk together eggs and yogurt. Stir in zucchini and herbs.
- Pour the wet mixture over the flour mixture and combine with a fork just until evenly moistened.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour in a thin layer of oil. Drop a heaping TBSP of batter for each fritter into pan (be careful not to crowd the pan) and flatten slightly.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until dry around the edges and bottoms are browned. Flip over and cook for about 3 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Transfer to plate in the oven. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more oil between batches if necessary.
Top hot fritters with roasted tomatoes*.