Monday, October 18, 2010

SEASONS by DONNA HAY


Looking for a new cookbook to add to your collection, or for a perfect gift - well have I got one for you. It was my mom's birthday last weekend and I really wanted to find a fabulous cookbook for her. We love Donna Hay, and have since her start. In fact Entertaining was one of my first cookbooks, and one that my mom gave me when I had my first dinner party in grade seven!

Donna Hay is a culinary goddess and this book just goes to show. Every image in this book is utterly stunning, and you really do feel apart of each season.




The book is perfect, and the recipes are simple, fresh, and based around the goodies of each season - teaching us to appreciate, love and use the traditional foods of fall, summer, spring and winter. Unlike the previous simplicity of Donna Hay cookbooks, this one takes you from the kitchen straight to the outdoors, with the picturesque images of each season, such as an apple orchard or a stormy winter beach. The book is visually rich and is sure to inspire and delight even those who aren't obsessed with the kitchen.

I am so lucky to have stumbled upon the gem!

No comments:

Post a Comment