Monday, October 22, 2012

JAMIE'S GREAT BRITAIN

If you follow my blog, you will know that I am an AVID Jamie Oliver fan!


He has been my fav since I was first introduced to him when I was 12. I think his food, philosophy & dedication towards a food movement is so impressive. His cookbooks are visually stunning, and the recipes are so true to form. Jamie is knowing for taking his culinary talents and finding the best in food around the globe, but in his newest series (Jamie's Great Britain), he takes his culinary talents across Britain in search of the food that makes their country tick.


I just discovered the show online (because you can now watch them on Food Network Canada) and I was instantly hooked. Not only is the scenery of the country beautiful, but the food created is just mouth watering. The show features Jamie learning from those around Britain about their "traditional" British food, and in turn he takes these lessons and applies them to his own cooking.

These are my favourite recipes from the show and I can't wait to try them out! They are all so rustic, warm & comforting, perfect for the upcoming months. Make sure to check out the show, I promise you lots of laughs, beautiful food and a picturesque scenery!

1. Kate & Wills Wedding Pie
http://scrapbook.channel4.com/bookmarkBar/4fab9dece4b0364202e10855


2. Rabbit Bolognese
http://scrapbook.channel4.com/bookmarkBar/4fab9d4de4b0bedfe3bdf249


3. Braised Lamb Shank with a celeriac & potato mash
http://scrapbook.channel4.com/bookmarkBar/4fab9e38e4b0c0c2de268401



1 comment: