My key tips to a great summer salad:
1. Use a mix of lettuces: I like crisp romaine and peppery arugula
2. Use a variety of herbs: for this salad I used chopped up basil, mint and gorgeous chives
3. Add in a cheese: crumble in some goat cheese or feta
4. Pick a nut: pine nuts are my favourite, but pecans would be really nice in this as well
5. MAKE a dressing: No more store bought, making your own are so easy (For this salad I did 2:1 of olive oil and lemon juice. 1 tbsp of dijon and 2 tbsp of maple syrup, salt & pepper. Shake & serve)
6. Toss & enjoy!