One of the perks of starting here was learning about the student run Tastes of Tomorrow program.The program is run by the students at the Chef school and the club is funded by the membership fees and admissions at all the events! Fees are $35 per school year, or $10 at the door. Membership and attendance to all the events are open to anyone!
The three main components of the club are, "Education, Networking and Social Awareness."
- Invite Toronto’s best chefs and culinary experts to offer their personal and professional stories and demonstrate their talents
- Organize culinary related fieldtrips
- Develop the skills necessary to establish professional relationships of the highest standard
- Hold symposiums where students can be inspired by the influential leaders of our community
- Collaborate with already existing Associations and work towards common goals
- Promote awareness around such issues as food sustainability, food history and diversity
- Showcase conscientious local producers who’s businesses are helping to promote social change
- Come together to help people in our community in need, using food as our vehicle to communicate our support
This coming Thursday, one of the culinary wizard in the Toronto food scene - Rob Gentile of BUCA Restaurant will be the featured guest at Tastes of Tomorrow! Rob is one of Toronto's most talked about chefs right now, after training under his mentor Mark McEwan, Rob's restaurant BUCA has skyrocketed to the top restaurant lists in the city and country! Interested in attending? RSVP to email@example.com ... After just eating at BUCA last week and having enjoyed one of the best meals of my life - I could not be more excited for this event!
For more on upcoming events visit: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=11307262142
photo credit: taste of tomorrow & mcleans.ca