Thursday, January 27, 2011

DISCUSSION DAY #2

Hello my lovely readers!

Discussion Day is back! We had SUCH a great turnout in December so I thought it would be a great thing to continue!

So please take a minute to comment or share your thoughts on today's discussion day.

Today's discussion question:

"Eating Local" is a term you hear everywhere these days! From TV shows to chef ideologies to the changes on menu, "localism" seems to be the new trend. As a budding chef I feel knowing your suppliers and learning to use great product from the province you live in (for me Ontario) is such an important element in today's cooking world, so for me - learning and loving local is key!

Does eating local affect your life at all? Do you eat local, do you support and what do you think of the localism movement?!

Let me know and let your fellow blog readers learn a thing or two from you!

1 comment:

  1. I missed Discussion Day but hopefully you accept my late response... I love the local movement! Although sometimes it can be difficult to stick to it when you want a certain fruit or vegetable that is out of season, I do try to make a conscious effort to buy local! Just being aware of where your food comes from is cool I think. Plus going to the farmers markets is a sweet experience in itself, its a much more personal way to buy your food!

    ReplyDelete