Wednesday, April 14, 2010

CAPOCACCIA


More Italian! Apparently Italian seems to be my restaurant of choice in Toronto! CAPOCACCIA, a fantastic, trendy local (to me!) Italian restaurant. Sal Mele the owner and his family run the restaurant, and their goal? "Providing patrons with a unique yet authentic Tuscan dining experience in the highest level of quality, service and value." He is spot on, CAPOCACCIA is a great place for a bite. Romantic enough for a date, trendy enough to be out with girlfriends and yummy enough to head to with parents. The tables are built from old barn doors, old Italian posters and pictures frequent the walls, and the romantic lighting gives a lovely ambiance to this gem.


My favourites? Always pasta! I never make it at home because I just think Italian's do it too well, and mine never compares. So when I hit up my favourite Italian joints, pasta is what I seek! These are my two favs:

Angolotti Milanese: angolotti filled with with butternut squash in a spinach, sage and brown butter sauce

Ravioli di Funghi: wild mushroom ravioli in a porcini, cream truffled sauce

In terms of starters, the Mista salad is a great little starter salad, any Caprese di Bufala salad just makes me swoon, and the Carpaccio is equally delicious with red peppers and truffle oil atop it.


Cap has a great Italian wine list, delectable food and a perfect ambiance.

Check it out! You will be very very pleased! Here is a map for its location.


CAPOCACCIA
1366 Yonge St.
Toronto, Ontario
M4T 3A7
416-921-3141

No comments:

Post a Comment