Friday, June 8, 2012

CHERRY PARFAIT

I love parfaits. Fresh fruit, creamy goodness & a little crunch. How can you go wrong?


I am going to share with you a quick & easy parfait recipe. Perfect for a dessert during the busy week or if you are a in a pinch. This is great for the non-baker! I served mine in short mason jars, I think they are very cute & rustic, and they also have a lid which makes them easy to transport.


Cherry Parfait

Ingredients: serves 2
- 12 cherries (you can substitute for whatever fruit you would like)
- 1 cup greek natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dark chocolate shavings
- 4 graham crackers, crumbled

Directions:
- In a bowl wish together the cream cheese, yoghurt & vanilla - until smooth and creamy
- Pit the cherries and cut in half
- For the dark chocolate shavings - I took a cube of dark chocolate and using my knife, I pulled it across the chocolate which creates a shavings effect. You could also use a cheese slicer or grater
- In a bowl crumble the graham crackers, you can have some bigger pieces and some finer pieces as well
- Now for the assembly. Assemble the parfait in a see-through glass, so that your guest will be able to see all the layers.
- Start with the cream filling, the graham cracker then cherries and repeat.
- When you get to the last layer sprinkle with the chocolate and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment